Victor International and its communities have received accolades from professional organizations around the world.
- In 2009 Bay Harbor was recognized by the prestigious CNBC International Property Awards and was names Best Development USA.
- Also, in 2009, the CNBC International Property Awards recognized the YCCS Marina Virgin Gorda (formerly known as North Sound Yacht Club) as the Best Marina Development Caribbean.
- Bay Harbor 2009 Largest Electric Vehicle Parade Award for the Guinness Book of World Records.
- David V. Johnson received the 2009 GEM Car Visionary Awards from Global Electric Motors for his outstanding contribution to the application of alternative fuel vehicles in planned communities.
- In 2003, David V. Johnson and Bay Harbor were awarded the international Award of Excellence by the Urban Land Institute for excellence in Design, Planning and Development.
- Bay Harbor and the Emmet County Planning Office received the 2001 Regional Cooperation Award from the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments, Planner's Review and Advisory Committee. The award recognizes how effectively a project promotes governmental cooperation, provides economy-of-scale or cost savings, preserves resources and benefits the public.
- 1996 Beautification Award from the Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- 1995 Environmentalist of the Year from the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.